The fabulous Chloe of This Girl’s City bestowed upon me the honour of receiving The Versatile Blogger Award. I was extra touched because I heart Chloe’s blog and her tweets. I also took it as the swift kick in the butt I needed to finally make me post something on here. (I didn’t post any entries in March! Who am I? I was busy getting my ducks in a row!)
For my part, I’m to share seven random facts about myself…so here we go:
- I have a crazy memory for detail. Often, I am teased by my friends about my ability to pull out random facts or recount detailed happenings and direct quotes from the past. I can probably tell you what outfit I was wearing to every single event that I have ever attended. I’m not kidding.
- As a kid, I was obsessed with repeats of the ’60s television show The Monkees. I owned tapes of all their music and I wanted to marry Davy Jones.
- I am a master at the game 21 and can out shoot all of the best basketballin’ boys and girls I know…even when I’m wearing a dress and heels.
- I am addicted to buying magazines; fashion, sports, music, tabloids, you name it. For years, I kept them all and housed a massive collection in my bedroom. It got to the point where my parents forced me to purge most of them, for fear that the floor of my room would cave in. I am currently in recovery for this addiction. The only magazines that I usually still buy monthly are Nylon and Vogue. And I read magazines from back to front, always- never front to back.
- I sing at the top of my lungs when I’m alone in my car; my favourites to sing along to? Matt Good and Alanis Morissette. Occasionally I pump up the Britney. I actually prefer to drive places alone because I love to sing in my car and won’t do it if I have a passenger.
- The Montreal Canadiens were my favourite hockey team growing up. I was head over heels in love with Patrick Roy. At age 10, I could be seen walking around fully decked out in Habs gear. I had it all, including boxer shorts (which I wore hanging down underneath my Umbros) plus an array of t-shirts, hoodies, hats and track pants. I even owned Habs socks and running shoes.
- I often compare situations in life to episodes of Friends. I have been known to insert random Friends quotes into regular conversation. (This happens more frequently when Smith is around.) I tend to speak about Ross, Rachel, Chandler, Monica, Joey and Phoebe as if they’re my real friends.
Now I get to pay this prestigious honour forward. I want to know seven random facts about these babes: