Since we agreed that New Year’s Eve is highly overrated, Keira and I decided not to partake in all the hype last night. On the other hand, neither of us really wanted to spend it solo with a cup of noodles and ‘Meet Me In St. Louis‘ either. That being the case, we figured that the evening would be best spent together. With no pretentious parties on our agenda, we were certain that the two of us would have some fun, no matter what night of the year it was, or what exactly we ended up doing.
Here’s how I spent my last hours of 2008:
- A few glasses of chardonnay at Keira’s apartment. It went down easy. We were both giddy and just a little tipsy by the time we left.
- Lots of photos.
- A walk to Yaletown, only to find out that our intended destination, Cactus Club, was closed for a private party. (No offense, but really?)
- Yummy cocktails, three pounds of Wings and a giant piece of totally out of this world mud pie.
- Lots more photos.
- Next stop: Duane’s apartment.
- More wine.
- South Park, ‘Young People F*cuking’, Apple TV surfing.
- Home with pajamas on exactly 10 minutes before midnight. Perfect.
All Photos: Keira-Anne on Flickr